Many homes in San Diego still rely on a traditional water heater to heat their home’s water. Water heaters can be expensive, as they use between 80 to 100 gallons of water each day. Your water heater must be in proper working order to ensure it isn’t costing you more than it should. If you are experiencing issues with your tank or tankless water heater in San Diego, Core Plumbing is here to help you out.
If you aren’t sure whether your water heater needs a fix or not, our professional team can take a look at your system to help you decide. We can spot the source of the problem to get it up and running as soon as possible.
It’s important to not put off any issues you may be having with your water heater. You don’t want to wait until you end up without hot water to call a plumber. If you notice any strange sounds coming from the tank, then it’s most likely time for a repair. We can also discuss replacement options with you if your water heater is getting old or a replacement is more cost-effective. We are here to provide every possible water heater service in San Diego with excellent customer service.
We specialize in leak detection and water heater repair or installation of both tanked and tankless units. Our main priority is providing residents of San Diego with affordable HVAC and plumbing services to keep them comfortable all year round.
Signs You Need a Water Heater Repair
It is highly recommended that you understand the warning signs of a problematic water heater. Here are some signs that your San Diego water heater may need a repair:
- Your water heater leaks: You will need to call a plumber as soon as possible if you notice any water dripping from your unit. A leak can easily happen if your water heater tank is cracked. Our skilled technicians can find the source of the leak to determine whether it’s fixable.
- Your water runs cold: If you go into the shower and realize you don’t have any hot water, then you know your water heater is to blame. This could become a big issue affecting your daily life. It’s best to call us for a repair immediately so that we can professionally inspect your water heater.
- Your water heater unit is rusty: When you see rust on your tank, the rust is likely contaminating your water. In that case, you must contact a trustworthy plumber right away. If you leave a water heater tank rusted, then it may corrode and stop working. Our licensed and insured technicians can find the source of the rust. If it is coming from the pipes, we can repair it. If it is coming from the water heater itself, then it may be time for a replacement.
- You have noticed a change in your water quality: If your water seems cloudy at all, then this is a sign that your tank or tankless water heater needs repair.
- Your water heater makes strange noises: If you hear any loud rumbling or banging from your water heater, there may be sediment in your tank. Our plumbers can thoroughly clean it out to get it working smoothly again.
Water Heater Installation Services
If your tank is over 10 years old, it may be time for a replacement instead of a repair. If you are looking to have a new water heater installed in your home, you can trust us to get the job done. Our plumbers in San Diego install both tankless and tank water heaters. Heating your water is a large portion of your energy bill, so we want to make sure our customers are making the best choice when choosing a unit for their homes.
Tankless Water Heaters vs. Tank Water Heaters
We will discuss your family’s needs to help you decide which type of water heater is best for you. If you are looking for improved energy efficiency, then a tankless water heater is the way to go. Tankless water heater systems provide you with hot water only at the times you need it. You will save a lot of money on energy costs because the unit does not continuously run. Another benefit is that tankless water heaters have a lifespan of up to 20 years, which is double that of tank water heaters. They are also more compact.
San Diego Water Heater Repair Services
Core Plumbing is here for all your plumbing and heating needs in San Diego and surrounding areas. If you want to find out more about our water heater repair and installation services, call us at (858) 538-6025.